Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Difference.

"So today, I met this guy. A lot like you really."
"Really? How so?"
"He has a mind. Was an intellectual. Like us."
"Ah. Go on."
"Anywho, the only difference was, there's a romanticism about him. He loves the colors of a sunset, but thought he appreciated them more when he understood why those colors were there. Come to think of it, that was another way he's like you."
"Hmm?"
"Takes joy in understanding? Much like you do... As I was saying, not only that but he enjoys profound novels, deep and thought-provoking lyrics, the cliche of a watching the stars, laying on a hill and just talking, that sort of thing. After a while I found myself attracted to him. And my imagination ran away with me and I started thinking about what a relationship would be like..."
Pause
"...But I knew I'd be unhappy. For one reason in particular."
"... And what is that?"
"He isn't you."

No comments:

Post a Comment